UPA allies are `hypocrites`: Brinda Karat
Coimbatore: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat on Thursday came down heavily on Trinamool Congress chief and West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee and some other UPA allies terming them as `hyprocrites,` on various issues, including the petrol price hike.
If Mamata was really concerned about the well-being of the people, why was she not withdrawing support to the Centre, Karat asked on the sidelines of a demonstration organised by the CPI-M`s local unit against petrol price hike.
When opposition parties were questioning her why she was not withdrawing support,the prompt reply was that she (Mamata) did not want to destabilise the Government, Karat said. "Whether it is ok for Mamata to destabilise the people, who are suffering due to the price hike?," she asked .
Same was the case with DMK, which was not forthcoming, despite visibly seeing people suffering, due to the price hike, she said.
Rating UPA2 as a `disaster and anti-people`, she said it was acting "like thieves", by announcing the increase of prices from midnight, as the Government did not want to "face the MPs and people in daylight."
"This (increase of petrol price) is the most nasty gift the UPA government can give to the people during its third anniversary."
Earlier addressing the demonstration, she said despite the crude oil prices coming down by 15 per cent, the Centre had the "audacity to increase the price of petrol."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues