UPA allies cannot live up with Cong `arrogance`: BJP
New Delhi: BJP Sunday hit out at Congress saying its isolation is complete with UPA allies not being able to live up with its "arrogance" after indications emerged that Trinamool Congress may consider pulling out its ministers from the Centre over diesel hike and FDI issues.
Party leader Balbir Punj also demanded that a special session of Parliament should be summoned and Prime Minister Minister Manmohan Singh should resign immediately.
"UPA 2 has lost the confidence of `aam admi`, the man on the street because of its corrupt and anti-people policies. It does not have virtually any dialogue with the opposition parties. It`s isolation is complete because its own allies cannot live up with its arrogance and anti-people policies," he said.
Punj said that he was "not at all surprised" that TMC chief Mamata Banerjee has "decided to withdraw the support". "This was predictable and under the circumstances Manmohan Singh must resign immediately and a special session of Parliament should be summoned," he said.
Banerjee, who had set a 72-hour deadline on Friday for the government to rollback its decision on diesel price hike and cutting supply of subsidised LPG cylinders, and FDI in multi-brand retail, is set to consult party leaders and MPs on Tuesday on the next course of action.
TMC insiders said one serious option that could be considered is withdrawing its Cabinet Minister for Railways and six other Ministers of State at the Centre unless the government rolls back some of its decisions at least partially.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information