UPA allies too favour JPC probe, claims BJP
Shimla: The BJP on Wednesday claimed some allies
of the UPA are not averse to a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum
UPA allies like NCP, Trinamool Congress and DMK (T R
Balu) are in favour of a JPC probe into the spectrum issue,
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said the BJP will not budge from its stand for a
probe by a Joint Parliamentary Committee, adding the Congress
has been completely isolated on the issue.
Asserting the BJP will not allow the issue to be
diluted, Sithraman said after the protest in Parliament, the
party will now go to the people`s court.
The BJP is not alone in demanding a JPC inquiry, she
said adding other parties like SP, RJD, CPI and CPI-M too are
unanimous on such a probe.
Sitharaman said the probe by the PAC, headed by party
leader Murli Manohar Joshi, will not serve any purpose as the
scam has wider dimensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them