UPA allies too favour JPC probe, claims BJP
Shimla: The BJP on Wednesday claimed some allies
of the UPA are not averse to a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum
UPA allies like NCP, Trinamool Congress and DMK (T R
Balu) are in favour of a JPC probe into the spectrum issue,
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said the BJP will not budge from its stand for a
probe by a Joint Parliamentary Committee, adding the Congress
has been completely isolated on the issue.
Asserting the BJP will not allow the issue to be
diluted, Sithraman said after the protest in Parliament, the
party will now go to the people`s court.
The BJP is not alone in demanding a JPC inquiry, she
said adding other parties like SP, RJD, CPI and CPI-M too are
unanimous on such a probe.
Sitharaman said the probe by the PAC, headed by party
leader Murli Manohar Joshi, will not serve any purpose as the
scam has wider dimensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him