UPA allies too favour JPC probe, claims BJP
Shimla: The BJP on Wednesday claimed some allies
of the UPA are not averse to a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum
UPA allies like NCP, Trinamool Congress and DMK (T R
Balu) are in favour of a JPC probe into the spectrum issue,
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said the BJP will not budge from its stand for a
probe by a Joint Parliamentary Committee, adding the Congress
has been completely isolated on the issue.
Asserting the BJP will not allow the issue to be
diluted, Sithraman said after the protest in Parliament, the
party will now go to the people`s court.
The BJP is not alone in demanding a JPC inquiry, she
said adding other parties like SP, RJD, CPI and CPI-M too are
unanimous on such a probe.
Sitharaman said the probe by the PAC, headed by party
leader Murli Manohar Joshi, will not serve any purpose as the
scam has wider dimensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur