UPA an "indecisive" government: LK Advani
Ujjain: Veteran BJP leader LK Advani on Thursday lashed out at the UPA government describing it as "indecisive and incompetent."
Addressing a public meeting at the Ujjain Development Authority stadium here after taking part in a function to mark the linking of the river Narmada with Kshipra, Advani said earlier governments used to take some decisions and do work.
"The present UPA government`s functioning is marked by indecision as it is unable to do anything," he said.
Advani said he had no hesitation in saying that this was the "worst government" he had seen in his political career spanning six decades.
In sharp contrast, the BJP-led NDA had done many good things when it was in power from 1998 to 2004, the former deputy Prime Minister said.
Three months after assuming office, the NDA had conducted the Pokhran nuclear tests about which even the US did not know anything, he said.
Similarly, it launched an ambitious project under which villages were linked with nearest towns through a network of roads, he said.
The NDA had also planned to link rivers to tackle problems like drought and floods, but it could not be done as the coalition lost power in 2004, Advani said.
Those who were present in the meeting included Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, state BJP chief Prabhat Jha, former Chief Ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi and several other ministers.
"I have no hesitation in saying that the present UPA government at the Centre is the most worthless, helpless and incompetent government in the history of independent India," Advani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati, Pimpri Chinchwad seats; Shiv Sena takes early lead in BMC polls