UPA coordination committee meet likely on Aug 7 or 8
Mumbai: The first UPA co-ordination committee meeting, after the recent Congress-NCP stand-off, is likely to be held on August 7 or 8.
"The Prime Minister asked me if I am available on August 7 and I have said yes," Pawar told reporters here today.
To a question on whether the issues NCP had with the Congress had been settled, Pawar said his party wanted allies to have a say in parliamentary committees and other appointments.
"Congress being the single largest party, will get substantial representation, but allies, too, should be considered. Tariq Anwar and Praful Patel will hold talks in this matter with the Congress leaders," he added.
To a question on why only three members were included from both sides each in the state coordination committee, he said at least two more members from each side would be included later.
Our endeavour would be to hold such meetings in Delhi and Mumbai every month, he added.
Pawar said work on the Worli-Nariman Point Sea Link project has been stopped. "We don`t know why. Such issues should be avoided," he added.
NCP says that work on the project stopped as Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan is pressing for a coastal ring road.
When asked whether he favoured creation of post of Minister for Internal Security under the Ministry of Home Affairs, the NCP leader said he does not subscribe to this.
"Sushilkumar Shinde is an experienced minister, who has managed the state like Maharashtra."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi