UPA creating fear psychosis: Azam Khan
Rampur (UP): The war of words between the Samajwadi Party and Congress continued as UP minister Mohammad Azam Khan today fired a fresh salvo on the UPA, accusing it creating a "fear psychosis" among allies to ensure their continued support.
"The UPA works with a policy of `Darao Aur Raaj Karo` (create fear to rule) to enjoy continuous support of their allies," Azam said here.
The senior Samajwadi Party leader accused Congress of misusing the CBI for political gains.
"When DMK pulled out of the UPA, they (the Centre) conducted raids on them. Now, the allies like us are apprehensive of the consequences if we pull out of the Central government," Azam said.
Ties between the two parties have seen a series of allegations and counter-allegations in recent past following Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma`s frequent barbs on Mulayam Singh Yadav, who, in retaliation, has accused UPA of misusing CBI for political gains.
In response to another question, Azam also supported a Muslim candidate for the post of country`s Prime Minister, saying that it would be justified, given their contribution in the field of freedom struggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset