UPA creating fear psychosis: Azam Khan
Rampur (UP): The war of words between the Samajwadi Party and Congress continued as UP minister Mohammad Azam Khan today fired a fresh salvo on the UPA, accusing it creating a "fear psychosis" among allies to ensure their continued support.
"The UPA works with a policy of `Darao Aur Raaj Karo` (create fear to rule) to enjoy continuous support of their allies," Azam said here.
The senior Samajwadi Party leader accused Congress of misusing the CBI for political gains.
"When DMK pulled out of the UPA, they (the Centre) conducted raids on them. Now, the allies like us are apprehensive of the consequences if we pull out of the Central government," Azam said.
Ties between the two parties have seen a series of allegations and counter-allegations in recent past following Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma`s frequent barbs on Mulayam Singh Yadav, who, in retaliation, has accused UPA of misusing CBI for political gains.
In response to another question, Azam also supported a Muslim candidate for the post of country`s Prime Minister, saying that it would be justified, given their contribution in the field of freedom struggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday