UPA domestic and foreign policies are failures
Guwahati: BJP leader L K Advani today said
the domestic and foreign policies of the UPA government were
"failures" and it maintained good relations only with
"Relations are not good with Pakistan, Myanmar and other
neighbouring countries. But good only with Bangladesh", Advani
said, addressing a public rally in Guwahati as part of his
Jana Chetna Yatra.
"Two days before the prime minister went to Bangladesh
(in September), many of my party leaders and I were invited to
accompany him. But we were not told that Assam`s land would be
given to Bangladesh.
"If we knew Assam`s land was being given away we would
have protested before the land agreement was signed between
the two countries," the BJP leader said.
The Centre had said that Bangladesh land in adverse
possession of India in some enclaves had been given away. "But
even such land cannot be given away without the approval of
the Parliament," he said.
"We will ask `hisab` (account) on it and on Bangladeshi
infiltration into Assam from the government in the Winter
Session of Parliament. Enough is enough," Advani said.
BJP general secretary Ravi Shankar Prasad said people
across the country are "very angry" with corruption and are
also disgusted with price rise and that is why people have
responded to Advani`s Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands