`UPA domestic and foreign policies are failures`
Guwahati: BJP leader L K Advani Thursday said
the domestic and foreign policies of the UPA government were "failures" and it maintained good relations only with Bangladesh.
"Relations are not good with Pakistan, Myanmar and other
neighbouring countries. But good only with Bangladesh", Advani
said, addressing a public rally in Guwahati as part of his
Jana Chetna Yatra.
"Two days before the prime minister went to Bangladesh
(in September), many of my party leaders and I were invited to accompany him. But we were not told that Assam`s land would be given to Bangladesh.
"If we knew Assam`s land was being given away we would
have protested before the land agreement was signed between
the two countries," the BJP leader said.
The Centre had said that Bangladesh land in adverse
possession of India in some enclaves had been given away. "But
even such land cannot be given away without the approval of
the Parliament," he said.
"We will ask `hisab` (account) on it and on Bangladeshi
infiltration into Assam from the government in the Winter
Session of Parliament. Enough is enough," Advani said.
BJP general secretary Ravi Shankar Prasad said people
across the country are "very angry" with corruption and are
also disgusted with price rise and that is why people have
responded to Advani`s Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video