‘UPA failed to address people`s problems’
New Delhi: Accusing the government of trying
to run down anti-corruption movements, former RSS ideologue K
N Govindacharya on Saturday alleged that the UPA has "completely
failed" to address the people`s problems like unemployment,
corruption and price rise.
Govindacharya, who heads the Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan,
also announced to hold a silent march from Rajghat to NHRC
office on June 18 to protest the government`s efforts to
muzzle voices against it.
"The government has completely failed to address the
people`s problems like unemployment, corruption and price
rise. It lacks the political will to punish the corrupt," he
told reporters here.
"How could the government not act on the FIR against
Hasan Ali for four years? Why can`t the government expose the
names of people who have stashed away black money in tax
havens? Why the government can`t get the ordinance passed on
the issue of black money", he said.
He also denied allegations of sharing dais with Baba
Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan during the yoga guru`s agitation
against corruption and black money.
He said there were allegations that he was "ghost-
managing" the Ramdev show. "I deny this," he said.
Govindacharya also appealed to Ramdev to call of his
fast due to his failing health.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani