UPA giving all assistance to Bihar: Union ministers
Patna: Union ministers Rajiv Shukla and Sachin Pilot on Thursday said that the UPA government was extending all assistance to Bihar for its development.
"A special assistance of Rs 12,000 crore was given to Bihar recently," they said in support of their claim.
On the question of Bihar getting the special category status, Shukla said a committee under Raghuram Rajan, Chief Economic Advisor to Union government, was deliberating on revisiting criteria for determining backwardness of a state.
"Based on the recommendations of the Committee further steps will be taken," Shukla said.
Shukla landed here this morning along with Union Corporate Affairs minister Sachin Pilot en route to Maharajganj to seek votes for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in the by-election there on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!