UPA giving all assistance to Bihar: Union ministers
Patna: Union ministers Rajiv Shukla and Sachin Pilot on Thursday said that the UPA government was extending all assistance to Bihar for its development.
"A special assistance of Rs 12,000 crore was given to Bihar recently," they said in support of their claim.
On the question of Bihar getting the special category status, Shukla said a committee under Raghuram Rajan, Chief Economic Advisor to Union government, was deliberating on revisiting criteria for determining backwardness of a state.
"Based on the recommendations of the Committee further steps will be taken," Shukla said.
Shukla landed here this morning along with Union Corporate Affairs minister Sachin Pilot en route to Maharajganj to seek votes for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in the by-election there on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Al Qaeda praises Orlando gunman; asks jihadists to target white Americans instead of gays
- Mauritius woos Indian investors
- Durga Puja forces BCCI to revise India-New Zealand Test series itinerary
- Turkish PM retracts compensation offer for downed Russia jet
- AAP will win 35 of Goa's 40 seats in Assembly polls: Arvind Kejriwal