UPA government has majority, says Chidambaram
New Delhi: The Congress-led UPA government is stable and enjoys majority support in Parliament despite the DMK`s exit, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
"The government is stable, the government enjoys majority in the Lok Sabha," he told the media here after DMK chief M Karunanidhi announced his party was pulling out of the UPA over the Sri Lanka issue.
"The government is stable and will continue," he added.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi