UPA government has majority, says Chidambaram
New Delhi: The Congress-led UPA government is stable and enjoys majority support in Parliament despite the DMK`s exit, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Tuesday.
"The government is stable, the government enjoys majority in the Lok Sabha," he told the media here after DMK chief M Karunanidhi announced his party was pulling out of the UPA over the Sri Lanka issue.
"The government is stable and will continue," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband