UPA government in ICU: Nitin Gadkari
Agartala: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said the UPA government at the Centre is in "intensive care unit" and claimed that his party would form government in the next elections.
"The UPA government is in ICU. Time has come for the BJP to form a government at the Centre," Gadkari said while addressing a public meeting here.
He alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had failed to work for people and asserted that the BJP-ruled states in the country were "pro-active" and had shown examples of "good governance".
"This time BJP will form government at the Centre and will make a mark of good governance, good economic governance, good e-governance and social harmony," Gadkari said.
He demanded that the border with Bangladesh be sealed properly to prevent illegal migration and expressed concern that a time would come when a migrant would oneday adorn the chair of chief minister of Assam.
He also asked people to be alert against Maoism coming from Nepal and spread of Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, which were posing a twin threat to the security of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured