UPA government in ICU: Nitin Gadkari
Agartala: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said the UPA government at the Centre is in "intensive care unit" and claimed that his party would form government in the next elections.
"The UPA government is in ICU. Time has come for the BJP to form a government at the Centre," Gadkari said while addressing a public meeting here.
He alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had failed to work for people and asserted that the BJP-ruled states in the country were "pro-active" and had shown examples of "good governance".
"This time BJP will form government at the Centre and will make a mark of good governance, good economic governance, good e-governance and social harmony," Gadkari said.
He demanded that the border with Bangladesh be sealed properly to prevent illegal migration and expressed concern that a time would come when a migrant would oneday adorn the chair of chief minister of Assam.
He also asked people to be alert against Maoism coming from Nepal and spread of Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, which were posing a twin threat to the security of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui