UPA Governors row: Can`t react to rumours, says Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday refused to comment after it was reported that Narendra Modi-led NDA government is mulling removal of Governors appointed by previous Congress government.
“I cannot react to rumours,” she reportedly said.
The reaction from the former chief minister of Delhi came soon after the resignation of Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi.
News reports are also stating that West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan is likely to resign within 24 hours.
Presently Congress appointed Governors are MK Narayanan in West Bengal, Margaret Alva in Rajasthan, Sheila Dikshit in Kerala, Kamla Beniwal in Gujarat and K Sankanarayanan in Maharashtra.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had earlier said that present Governors appointed by Congress government should have resigned as they were not appointed on the basis of merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch