UPA Governors row: Can`t react to rumours, says Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday refused to comment after it was reported that Narendra Modi-led NDA government is mulling removal of Governors appointed by previous Congress government.
“I cannot react to rumours,” she reportedly said.
The reaction from the former chief minister of Delhi came soon after the resignation of Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi.
News reports are also stating that West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan is likely to resign within 24 hours.
Presently Congress appointed Governors are MK Narayanan in West Bengal, Margaret Alva in Rajasthan, Sheila Dikshit in Kerala, Kamla Beniwal in Gujarat and K Sankanarayanan in Maharashtra.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had earlier said that present Governors appointed by Congress government should have resigned as they were not appointed on the basis of merit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport