UPA Governors row: Can`t react to rumours, says Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday refused to comment after it was reported that Narendra Modi-led NDA government is mulling removal of Governors appointed by previous Congress government.
“I cannot react to rumours,” she reportedly said.
The reaction from the former chief minister of Delhi came soon after the resignation of Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi.
News reports are also stating that West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan is likely to resign within 24 hours.
Presently Congress appointed Governors are MK Narayanan in West Bengal, Margaret Alva in Rajasthan, Sheila Dikshit in Kerala, Kamla Beniwal in Gujarat and K Sankanarayanan in Maharashtra.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had earlier said that present Governors appointed by Congress government should have resigned as they were not appointed on the basis of merit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read