UPA Governors row: Can`t react to rumours, says Sheila Dikshit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday refused to comment after it was reported that Narendra Modi-led NDA government is mulling removal of Governors appointed by previous Congress government.
“I cannot react to rumours,” she reportedly said.
The reaction from the former chief minister of Delhi came soon after the resignation of Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi.
News reports are also stating that West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan is likely to resign within 24 hours.
Presently Congress appointed Governors are MK Narayanan in West Bengal, Margaret Alva in Rajasthan, Sheila Dikshit in Kerala, Kamla Beniwal in Gujarat and K Sankanarayanan in Maharashtra.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had earlier said that present Governors appointed by Congress government should have resigned as they were not appointed on the basis of merit.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Former Australian cricketer Stuart Law is PCB's first choice for chief coach's job
- After Latur, now 'water train' for drought-hit Bundelkhand
- India's services sector growth softens in April
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15