UPA govt following Nehru`s same `elusive` course on China: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday alleged that the UPA government is following the "same elusive and self-destructive course" that was adopted by then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru before the 1962 Indo-China war and demanded that appropriate steps be taken soon.
A day after the 50th anniversary of the Indo-China war, BJP also demanded that the Henderson Brooks report be made public and a National War Memorial be set up in memory of the martyred soldiers.
In a statement issued here, former BJP President Rajnath Singh alleged that the UPA government is following the "same elusive and self-destructive course" that was adopted by Nehru before the Chinese aggression in 1962.
"Ever since the UPA government has come to power China has been claiming the entire state of Arunachal Pradesh and certain parts of Ladakh region as its own," Singh said.
He said that as per media reports instances of Chinese army intrusions have increased from 180 per year to more than 400 till September this year alone.
Singh warned that this could lead to another "historic blunder" for the country. "China`s aggressiveness and assertiveness along the LAC clearly indicate that the UPA government has not been able to assert India`s sovereignty," he claimed.
The main opposition party demanded that the Brooks report on the causes of India`s defeat in the 1962 war be declassified and made public. It also sought `one-rank-one pension` be implemented for the benefit of ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH