UPA Govt has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Tuesday attempted to downplay the fresh controversy over External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid defending Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s presence at a Bollywood event hours after the Patna blasts, saying the Congress-led UPA Government has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance.
"On the question of terror, the UPA Government has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance. We believe that any terrorist act wherever it may be committed is something reprehensible and those who are responsible should be tracked down to the last corner of the earth and brought to justice. And in this endeavour, we allow agencies which we have brought up to professional speed over the last ten years to do their work without fear or favour," Tewari told media here.
"So, let there be absolutely no misconception on the question of terror, on the question of combating terror, on the question of dealing with radicalization on the issue of ensuring that polarization does not vitiate the atmosphere of this country," he added.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad earlier in the day took a jibe at Khurshid for defending Shinde, and said UPA ministers are least interested in internal security and give prominence to scams that are taking place.
The low intensity blasts rocked Patna between 9.30 am and 12.45 pm on Sunday shortly before Modi`s address to a `Hunkar rally` in Gandhi Maidan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP