UPA Govt has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Tuesday attempted to downplay the fresh controversy over External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid defending Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s presence at a Bollywood event hours after the Patna blasts, saying the Congress-led UPA Government has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance.
"On the question of terror, the UPA Government has always maintained a policy of zero tolerance. We believe that any terrorist act wherever it may be committed is something reprehensible and those who are responsible should be tracked down to the last corner of the earth and brought to justice. And in this endeavour, we allow agencies which we have brought up to professional speed over the last ten years to do their work without fear or favour," Tewari told media here.
"So, let there be absolutely no misconception on the question of terror, on the question of combating terror, on the question of dealing with radicalization on the issue of ensuring that polarization does not vitiate the atmosphere of this country," he added.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kirti Azad earlier in the day took a jibe at Khurshid for defending Shinde, and said UPA ministers are least interested in internal security and give prominence to scams that are taking place.
The low intensity blasts rocked Patna between 9.30 am and 12.45 pm on Sunday shortly before Modi`s address to a `Hunkar rally` in Gandhi Maidan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!