UPA govt has failed on all fronts: Rajnath Singh
Bhopal: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Congress-led UPA government has failed on all fronts and was not doing anything to help the common person.
"There was hardly any area left in which this government at the Centre has not failed," Singh said during a press conference at the party office here.
The union government has not controlled inflation or provided internal and external security, he said.
Referring to the killing of two Indian soldiers on the LoC, Singh said, while India`s neighbouring countries including Pakistan are doing serious things, the Centre is not doing enough in that regard.
"Pakistani army killed two Indian soldiers. However, the Indian government`s response to it was neither adequate nor effective," he said.
The government had also failed in curbing naxal and terror activities in the country, he added.
After the Mumbai terror attacks, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had assured there would be no talks with Pakistan unless those responsible were dealt with, he said.
"However, nothing of the sort happened and there were times when India held talks with Pakistan," he said.
Singh also criticised Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for his statement accusing the BJP and the RSS of "conducting terror training camps to spread saffron terrorism".
"If one accepts Shinde`s statement as true then even I and the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan are terrorists," he said.
Stating that the issue of Shinde`s remarks would be raised during the coming Parliament session, Singh sought to know why Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi were silent over the minister`s statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days