UPA govt has lost mandate to rule: BJP
Panaji: Accusing the UPA of being in power at the Centre only by "manipulating smaller parties", the BJP on Sunday said, the Manmohan Singh`s government has completely exhausted its mandate to rule the nation.
"The Prime Minister should start introspecting whether UPA`s mandate has been completely exhausted. We believe, it has been," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley told reporters in Goa today.
Jaitely alleged that the UPA was also manipulating the investigating agencies.
"They have been misusing the investigating agencies. UPA will be in power as far as they manage to manipulate the smaller parties," the senior BJP leader said.
On the coal block scam, he said the leadership and credibility of UPA has been "completely eroded".
"There is a complete policy paralysis which has resulted in total inability to govern or give directions to the country," Jaitley added.
Responding to a question, the BJP leader said the party`s act of not allowing the Parliament to function was "democratic means to seek justice".
"I agree that the time of Parliament is wasted. But debates can happen even outside the Parliament," he said, adding that "in past, the party`s action of not allowing the Parliament to function resulted in inquiry in 2G scam and cleansing of telecom sector".
"By not allowing the Parliament, we are now aiming to cleanse the coal sector," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared