UPA govt has lost mandate to rule: BJP
Panaji: Accusing the UPA of being in power at the Centre only by "manipulating smaller parties", the BJP on Sunday said, the Manmohan Singh`s government has completely exhausted its mandate to rule the nation.
"The Prime Minister should start introspecting whether UPA`s mandate has been completely exhausted. We believe, it has been," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley told reporters in Goa today.
Jaitely alleged that the UPA was also manipulating the investigating agencies.
"They have been misusing the investigating agencies. UPA will be in power as far as they manage to manipulate the smaller parties," the senior BJP leader said.
On the coal block scam, he said the leadership and credibility of UPA has been "completely eroded".
"There is a complete policy paralysis which has resulted in total inability to govern or give directions to the country," Jaitley added.
Responding to a question, the BJP leader said the party`s act of not allowing the Parliament to function was "democratic means to seek justice".
"I agree that the time of Parliament is wasted. But debates can happen even outside the Parliament," he said, adding that "in past, the party`s action of not allowing the Parliament to function resulted in inquiry in 2G scam and cleansing of telecom sector".
"By not allowing the Parliament, we are now aiming to cleanse the coal sector," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez