UPA govt has lost mandate to rule: BJP
Panaji: Accusing the UPA of being in power at the Centre only by "manipulating smaller parties", the BJP on Sunday said, the Manmohan Singh`s government has completely exhausted its mandate to rule the nation.
"The Prime Minister should start introspecting whether UPA`s mandate has been completely exhausted. We believe, it has been," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley told reporters in Goa today.
Jaitely alleged that the UPA was also manipulating the investigating agencies.
"They have been misusing the investigating agencies. UPA will be in power as far as they manage to manipulate the smaller parties," the senior BJP leader said.
On the coal block scam, he said the leadership and credibility of UPA has been "completely eroded".
"There is a complete policy paralysis which has resulted in total inability to govern or give directions to the country," Jaitley added.
Responding to a question, the BJP leader said the party`s act of not allowing the Parliament to function was "democratic means to seek justice".
"I agree that the time of Parliament is wasted. But debates can happen even outside the Parliament," he said, adding that "in past, the party`s action of not allowing the Parliament to function resulted in inquiry in 2G scam and cleansing of telecom sector".
"By not allowing the Parliament, we are now aiming to cleanse the coal sector," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie