UPA govt has lost mandate to rule: BJP
Panaji: Accusing the UPA of being in power at the Centre only by "manipulating smaller parties", the BJP on Sunday said, the Manmohan Singh`s government has completely exhausted its mandate to rule the nation.
"The Prime Minister should start introspecting whether UPA`s mandate has been completely exhausted. We believe, it has been," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley told reporters in Goa today.
Jaitely alleged that the UPA was also manipulating the investigating agencies.
"They have been misusing the investigating agencies. UPA will be in power as far as they manage to manipulate the smaller parties," the senior BJP leader said.
On the coal block scam, he said the leadership and credibility of UPA has been "completely eroded".
"There is a complete policy paralysis which has resulted in total inability to govern or give directions to the country," Jaitley added.
Responding to a question, the BJP leader said the party`s act of not allowing the Parliament to function was "democratic means to seek justice".
"I agree that the time of Parliament is wasted. But debates can happen even outside the Parliament," he said, adding that "in past, the party`s action of not allowing the Parliament to function resulted in inquiry in 2G scam and cleansing of telecom sector".
"By not allowing the Parliament, we are now aiming to cleanse the coal sector," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi