UPA govt has no moral right to be in power: Amit Shah
Raipur: BJP General Secretary Amit Shah on Sunday sought dismissal of the "scam ridden" UPA government, alleging that it has tarnished the nation`s image and has no moral right to be in power.
"The Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi-led UPA government at the Centre has proved to be the weakest dispensation since independence which only indulged in corruption and shielding the corrupt elements," former Gujarat Home Minister Shah said while talking to reporters here.
"The UPA government has tarnished the image of the country with its involvement in several scams and it has no right to rule the country. Manmohan Singh and his government should resign on moral grounds," Shah said.
A close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Shah was in the capital to take part in a demonstration against the UPA government`s alleged involvement in several scams, including the 2G, coalgate and CWG scams and demanding PM`s resignation over the issues.
"Unfolding of mega scams including coal block allocation, 2G and others, followed by developments like the beheading of Indian soldiers, Chinese incursion and death of Sarabjit Singh have shaken the faith of people in the government," Shah further said.
When asked whether Narendra Modi would be the party`s prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Shah said, "the party`s parliamentary board will decide on that."
On cases against him, Shah alleged that the CBI investigation against him was a handiwork of the Centre.
He also expressed hope that he will come out clean in the cases against him.
Praising the development works of the ruling BJP government in Chhattisgarh, Shah said that Chief Minister Raman Singh will lead the party to a hat-trick (during next elections) in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy