UPA Govt has no respect for federal structure: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today accused the UPA Government of not respecting the federal structure and discriminating against the BJP-ruled State in providing relief to the farmers affected by recent unseasonal rain and hailstorm.
He said the the Congress-led Government at the Centre has no regard for the country`s federal structure. It is discriminating against the hailstorm-hit farmers of the State on the issue of financial assistance due to political reasons.
Chouhan was speaking at a function of BJP workers here where party President Rajnath Singh was also present.
"The UPA Government fears that if it provides relief to the Madhya Pradesh farmers, the BJP may benefit in the coming Lok Sabha elections," the Chief Minister said.
The State Government has earmarked Rs 2,000 crore for providing relief to the farmers and if more fund is needed, that too will be arranged, he said.
How long the people of Madhya Pradesh will suffer this discrimination at the hands of the Centre,he sought to know and asked the voters to decimate the Congress in the elections to end this trend.
Referring to the condition of Congress, he said the party is in such a pathetic position that its Lok Sabha candidate from Bhind, Bhagirath Prasad, has refused to contest, Chouhan claimed.
Prasad, who was given poll ticket by Congress from Bhind, joined BJP yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi