UPA Govt has no respect for federal structure: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today accused the UPA Government of not respecting the federal structure and discriminating against the BJP-ruled State in providing relief to the farmers affected by recent unseasonal rain and hailstorm.
He said the the Congress-led Government at the Centre has no regard for the country`s federal structure. It is discriminating against the hailstorm-hit farmers of the State on the issue of financial assistance due to political reasons.
Chouhan was speaking at a function of BJP workers here where party President Rajnath Singh was also present.
"The UPA Government fears that if it provides relief to the Madhya Pradesh farmers, the BJP may benefit in the coming Lok Sabha elections," the Chief Minister said.
The State Government has earmarked Rs 2,000 crore for providing relief to the farmers and if more fund is needed, that too will be arranged, he said.
How long the people of Madhya Pradesh will suffer this discrimination at the hands of the Centre,he sought to know and asked the voters to decimate the Congress in the elections to end this trend.
Referring to the condition of Congress, he said the party is in such a pathetic position that its Lok Sabha candidate from Bhind, Bhagirath Prasad, has refused to contest, Chouhan claimed.
Prasad, who was given poll ticket by Congress from Bhind, joined BJP yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened