UPA govt is drifting on every front: D Raja
Bangalore: The CPI on Thursday hit out at the UPA
government charging that it has lost its "moral and political
authority" to govern.
"The Prime Minister and the UPA Government seemed to have
lost their moral and political authority to govern. The
country is passing through turbulence and critical period,"
CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Raja, speaking to PTI after a meeting with former Prime
Minister H D Devegowda, during which both leaders discussed
the prevailing political situation in the country, said "The
government is drifting on every front. On the other hand BJP
is also waiting to capture power by default."
He said both Congress and BJP have failed the nation and
added "it is time for left, democratic and secular parties to
join hands to safeguard the interest of people".
Turning to the BJP government in Karnataka, Raja slammed
the saffron party accusing it of adopting "double standards"
in its fight against corruption.
"Karnataka has the most corrupt government in the
country. BJP has shown its double standards in fighting
corruption. It lacks credibility in the fight against
corruption", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi