UPA govt is drifting on every front: D Raja
Bangalore: The CPI on Thursday hit out at the UPA
government charging that it has lost its "moral and political
authority" to govern.
"The Prime Minister and the UPA Government seemed to have
lost their moral and political authority to govern. The
country is passing through turbulence and critical period,"
CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Raja, speaking to PTI after a meeting with former Prime
Minister H D Devegowda, during which both leaders discussed
the prevailing political situation in the country, said "The
government is drifting on every front. On the other hand BJP
is also waiting to capture power by default."
He said both Congress and BJP have failed the nation and
added "it is time for left, democratic and secular parties to
join hands to safeguard the interest of people".
Turning to the BJP government in Karnataka, Raja slammed
the saffron party accusing it of adopting "double standards"
in its fight against corruption.
"Karnataka has the most corrupt government in the
country. BJP has shown its double standards in fighting
corruption. It lacks credibility in the fight against
corruption", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you