UPA govt is drifting on every front: D Raja
Bangalore: The CPI on Thursday hit out at the UPA
government charging that it has lost its "moral and political
authority" to govern.
"The Prime Minister and the UPA Government seemed to have
lost their moral and political authority to govern. The
country is passing through turbulence and critical period,"
CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Raja, speaking to PTI after a meeting with former Prime
Minister H D Devegowda, during which both leaders discussed
the prevailing political situation in the country, said "The
government is drifting on every front. On the other hand BJP
is also waiting to capture power by default."
He said both Congress and BJP have failed the nation and
added "it is time for left, democratic and secular parties to
join hands to safeguard the interest of people".
Turning to the BJP government in Karnataka, Raja slammed
the saffron party accusing it of adopting "double standards"
in its fight against corruption.
"Karnataka has the most corrupt government in the
country. BJP has shown its double standards in fighting
corruption. It lacks credibility in the fight against
corruption", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon