UPA govt is drifting on every front: D Raja
Bangalore: The CPI on Thursday hit out at the UPA
government charging that it has lost its "moral and political
authority" to govern.
"The Prime Minister and the UPA Government seemed to have
lost their moral and political authority to govern. The
country is passing through turbulence and critical period,"
CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Raja, speaking to PTI after a meeting with former Prime
Minister H D Devegowda, during which both leaders discussed
the prevailing political situation in the country, said "The
government is drifting on every front. On the other hand BJP
is also waiting to capture power by default."
He said both Congress and BJP have failed the nation and
added "it is time for left, democratic and secular parties to
join hands to safeguard the interest of people".
Turning to the BJP government in Karnataka, Raja slammed
the saffron party accusing it of adopting "double standards"
in its fight against corruption.
"Karnataka has the most corrupt government in the
country. BJP has shown its double standards in fighting
corruption. It lacks credibility in the fight against
corruption", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH