UPA govt launches image makeover drive
New Delhi: A beleaguered UPA government has undertaken a major image makeover drive.
The UPA has cleared nearly Rs 100 crore to be used by the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP) for releasing advertisements on radio, television and print.
According to sources, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has sought an aggressive marketing campaign for the government.
As part of the drive, Bharat Nirman advertisements will be released and local artists will feature in the ads tailor-made for specific states.
The government is also seeking to counter its negative image via social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!