UPA govt launches image makeover drive
New Delhi: A beleaguered UPA government has undertaken a major image makeover drive.
The UPA has cleared nearly Rs 100 crore to be used by the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP) for releasing advertisements on radio, television and print.
According to sources, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has sought an aggressive marketing campaign for the government.
As part of the drive, Bharat Nirman advertisements will be released and local artists will feature in the ads tailor-made for specific states.
The government is also seeking to counter its negative image via social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath