UPA govt on `ventilator`: M Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: BJP on Thursday said the UPA government at the Centre was on a "ventilator" supported by SP and BSP which were always talking about mid-term polls, and termed it as the "worst and corrupt government."
BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the UPA government was "worst and corrupt government," and the country hadn`t had such a government since independence.
He said it was on "a ventilator", supported by Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party which were always talking about mid-term polls.
He was addressing a meeting at the launch of a month-long nation-wide agitation against the UPA during which he called on party activists to be ready for next elections, as people were waiting to bring the NDA back to power.
About current spate of reforms, he said the BJP was in support of reforms which protect interest of the country and generate more employment and increase production. FDI in retail would jeopardise livelihood of about 25 crore people, he alleged.
He called on party workers to fight against the "corrupt" UPA government and create awareness about its "anti-people and anti-farmers" policies.
Naidu said there was a need to reach out to people and create awareness about wrong policies of the Central, its scams, FDI in retail and insurance and cap in supply of gas cylinders.
Speaking on the occasion, BJP national vice-president and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi alleged that the Congress was trying to protect some Cabinet ministers at the Centre who were facing serious corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan