UPA govt on `ventilator`: M Venkaiah Naidu
Hyderabad: BJP on Thursday said the UPA government at the Centre was on a "ventilator" supported by SP and BSP which were always talking about mid-term polls, and termed it as the "worst and corrupt government."
BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the UPA government was "worst and corrupt government," and the country hadn`t had such a government since independence.
He said it was on "a ventilator", supported by Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party which were always talking about mid-term polls.
He was addressing a meeting at the launch of a month-long nation-wide agitation against the UPA during which he called on party activists to be ready for next elections, as people were waiting to bring the NDA back to power.
About current spate of reforms, he said the BJP was in support of reforms which protect interest of the country and generate more employment and increase production. FDI in retail would jeopardise livelihood of about 25 crore people, he alleged.
He called on party workers to fight against the "corrupt" UPA government and create awareness about its "anti-people and anti-farmers" policies.
Naidu said there was a need to reach out to people and create awareness about wrong policies of the Central, its scams, FDI in retail and insurance and cap in supply of gas cylinders.
Speaking on the occasion, BJP national vice-president and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi alleged that the Congress was trying to protect some Cabinet ministers at the Centre who were facing serious corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy