UPA govt released Karmapa under pressure of US embassy: CPI-M
Shimla: The CPI-M unit of Himachal
Pradesh Friday criticised the UPA government for giving a clean
chit to Karmapa allegedly under the "pressure" of US Embassy.
"The Himachal state secretariat of the CPI-M has
strongly condemned and severely indicted the Congress-led UPA
2 government for working under pressure of US embassy and
giving a clean chit to the Karmapa, without even verifying the
facts of the case. The picture has been projected in such a
manner that the aforesaid Karmapa is above the Law," it said
in a statement.
It was intriguing that the Congress-led UPA government
deemed it fit to bail out Karmapa in the foreign currency row
when the probe was on and some people involved in the case
were still behind the bars, it said.
The monastery had violated provisions of Foreign
Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) by keeping huge amount of
foreign currency and it would be appropriate for the
government not to intervene in the probe and draw pre-mature
conclusions, the party said.
The CPI-M, further, said there were a number of benami
transactions in the names of various monasteries and the
source of huge sums of money for construction of palatial
monasteries has to be investigated.
It was an irony that bonafide Himachalis were not able
to purchase land in the state, but the lands under possession
of Tibetan trusts had not only been "validated" but huge
chunks of encroached lands were also being regularised, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie