UPA govt reluctant on clearing Women`s Reservation Bill: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Monday criticised the UPA government and said it was reluctant to clear the Women`s Reservation Bill in Parliament and delayed the process in past four years of its rule.
"Congress-led UPA government has literally played politics on Women`s Reservation Bill", BJP Mahila Morcha national president Saroj Pandey told a press conference after chairing a state-level meeting of party functionaries here.
"UPA government has not done an honest approach to get the bill cleared and its allies kept opposing it in every Parliament session. Let the UPA government introduce the bill, and show its will power to get it passed," she commented.
BJP Mahila Morcha`s national executive meeting will be held in Delhi next month, she said.
Criticising Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s Sandesh Yatra, Pandey said, "If the Chief Minister is making any allegation against BJP state president Vasundhara Raje during the latter`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra, then he should prove every allegation with evidence."
Speaking on the occasion, state BJP Mahila Morcha president Suman Sharma said the party would deploy three women workers in every polling booth in the state in the upcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie