UPA govt responsible for country`s economic crisis: Amit Shah
Agra: Terming the UPA government a failure on all fronts, BJP`s UP in-charge Amit Shah on Tuesday held the "poor" policies of the Congress-led government responsible for the economic crisis in the country.
Economic growth of the country has slipped down to 4.4 per cent due to the poor planning and policies of the government, he said in a function organised by traders here.
Traders play an important role in the development of a country, Shah said, adding BJP ruled states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have made-all round economic progress.
He asked for the support of traders to help BJP win the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and assured them to take up their issues if the party came to power.
Meanwhile, Shah also attacked the Samajwadi Party for failing to develop Uttar Pradesh on the pattern of Gujarat.
"Despite the availability of resources, the UP government has failed to carry out the desired development," Shah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diesel, petrol cabs go off roads in Delhi, owners warn of suicides
- Lawsuit filed over Facebook's plan to issue new Class C stock
- Four-year-old boy rescued from borewell dies on way to Pune hospital in Maharashtra
- Aam Aadmi Party appoints Naveen Jaihind as Haryana convener
- IAF choppers dump water to douse forest fires; Centre sends probe team to Uttarakhand