UPA govt responsible for country`s economic crisis: Amit Shah
Agra: Terming the UPA government a failure on all fronts, BJP`s UP in-charge Amit Shah on Tuesday held the "poor" policies of the Congress-led government responsible for the economic crisis in the country.
Economic growth of the country has slipped down to 4.4 per cent due to the poor planning and policies of the government, he said in a function organised by traders here.
Traders play an important role in the development of a country, Shah said, adding BJP ruled states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have made-all round economic progress.
He asked for the support of traders to help BJP win the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and assured them to take up their issues if the party came to power.
Meanwhile, Shah also attacked the Samajwadi Party for failing to develop Uttar Pradesh on the pattern of Gujarat.
"Despite the availability of resources, the UP government has failed to carry out the desired development," Shah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers