UPA govt responsible for country`s economic crisis: Amit Shah
Agra: Terming the UPA government a failure on all fronts, BJP`s UP in-charge Amit Shah on Tuesday held the "poor" policies of the Congress-led government responsible for the economic crisis in the country.
Economic growth of the country has slipped down to 4.4 per cent due to the poor planning and policies of the government, he said in a function organised by traders here.
Traders play an important role in the development of a country, Shah said, adding BJP ruled states of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh have made-all round economic progress.
He asked for the support of traders to help BJP win the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and assured them to take up their issues if the party came to power.
Meanwhile, Shah also attacked the Samajwadi Party for failing to develop Uttar Pradesh on the pattern of Gujarat.
"Despite the availability of resources, the UP government has failed to carry out the desired development," Shah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city