UPA govt rolled out red carpet for Pak PM: Rajnath
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday alleged that the UPA government extended a red carpet welcome to Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf during his personal visit to Ajmer Sharif when it should have scaled down relations with Islamabd after the killing of two Indian soldiers.
"Our soldiers were killed by Pakistani forces. Pakistan has not taken any action against terror outfits based in that country," Singh said at a programme here.
"And, instead of registering strong protest, what is our government doing? Our UPA government is rolling out red carpet for the Pakistani Prime Minister. Our external affairs minister is hosting lunch for him and he is being served biriyani," Singh said.
"This kind of soft stance on Pakistan is nothing but killing our martyred soldiers for a second time," he said.
"We should pressurise the Pakistani government to stop anti-India terrorist activities on its soil. But our government is more bothered about Confidence Building Measures," he said.
"These should be stopped till Pakistan takes strong measures against terrorist organisations," Singh said.
"We had demanded that diplomatic relations with Pakistan be scaled down for the time being when two Indian soldiers were brutally killed. There is no need of relations when our soldiers are brutally murdered in violation of all international norms and ceasefire," the BJP president added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city