`UPA govt should reveal names involved in coal scam`
Vijayawada: CPM politburo member Sitaram Yechury said here today that the UPA government should reveal the names of those involved in the coal scam.
"The government should reveal the names of the people involved in the coalgate scam. The resignation of either Prime Minister Manmohan Singh or Law minister Ashwani Kumar would not serve any purpose unless names of the people involved in it come out," Yechury said.
He was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function organised by the party`s local unit.
He said the government should place all the facts before the Parliament. "The CPM will continue to exert pressure on the government until all the facts are revealed," he said.
When asked on the possibility of Third Front, he said talks were on with like-minded parties and it would take some time to take a final call on it.
The CPM leader, however, ruled out the possibility of mid-term polls. "The UPA government is now facing a crisis and it is surviving only with the support of the SP and BSP," he said.
Yechury criticised the CBI saying the investigative agency had lost its credibility. "It has become the Congress Bureau of Investigation," he said.
Later, speaking in Guntur he said, "The common man in Andhra Pradesh is disillusioned with the Congress, BJP, TDP and YSR Congress parties. Leaders of TDP, YSR Congress Party and Congress are holding meetings and conducting padayatras only to come to power."
"However, Left parties only strive for the welfare of the people," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in