UPA govt suffering from `policy paralysis`: Nitish
Patna: Perturbed over grim power situation in Bihar due to conflict among warring public sector undertakings, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday slammed the Centre saying it is suffering from "policy paralysis" which has been known to everybody.
"The Centre is gripped with policy paralysis and that is known to everybody....There is acute shortage of coal at power plants due to conflict between the NTPC and Coal India - both public sector undertakings and the third party (Indian Railway) of the conflict too happens to be another public sector undetaking," he said, addressing an Investors Meet here.
As a result of conflict among various public sector undertakings, the state was gripped with acute power crisis, Kumar said a day after he had urged the Centre to intervene in the matter at the earliest for resumption of power generation at the NTPC`s Farakka and Kahalgaon plants from where Bihar gets bulk of its central quota of power.
The Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) has stopped coal supply to the NTPC`s Farakka and Kahalgaon thermal power plants causing below-capacity power generation at these two plants after the latter suspended payments on the ground that it will do so only after evaluating quality and quantity of the natural fuel being supplied by the former through freight service by the railways.
The Chief Minister also took to task the UPA government for inordinate delay in following up its promise to revisit the special status criteria which is an aspiration of the people of Bihar and could bring in additional incentives and tax benefits for potential investors in the state.
The Chief Minister assailed the Centre`s decision to de-control sugar and said that it will further escalate inflation and price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery