UPA Govt will complete its term: Jayanthi
Chennai: Ruling out a mid-term poll in the
wake of Congress` setback in the recent assembly polls, Union
Minister Jayanthi Natarajan today said the Manmohan Singh-led
government will complete its term and asked opposition parties
not to nurture hopes of destabilising it.
"There is no question of a mid-term poll. The Union
government will last its full term," she told reporters here.
Asserting that Congress had "very good relationship" with
its allies, the Environment Minister said party President
Sonia Gandhi had said engagement should be continued with them
With opposition parties being elected to power in Punjab,
Uttar Pradesh and Goa, she said they should concentrate on
good governance in their states.
"Those who got elected in various states should not hope
to de-stabilise the Centre," she said.
She said the party had done well in elections in two
states, referring to Uttarakhand and Manipur.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill which is yet to be passed
in the Lok Sabha, Natarajan said "We would strain every nerve
to pass it during this session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20