UPA Govt will complete its term: Jayanthi
Chennai: Ruling out a mid-term poll in the
wake of Congress` setback in the recent assembly polls, Union
Minister Jayanthi Natarajan today said the Manmohan Singh-led
government will complete its term and asked opposition parties
not to nurture hopes of destabilising it.
"There is no question of a mid-term poll. The Union
government will last its full term," she told reporters here.
Asserting that Congress had "very good relationship" with
its allies, the Environment Minister said party President
Sonia Gandhi had said engagement should be continued with them
With opposition parties being elected to power in Punjab,
Uttar Pradesh and Goa, she said they should concentrate on
good governance in their states.
"Those who got elected in various states should not hope
to de-stabilise the Centre," she said.
She said the party had done well in elections in two
states, referring to Uttarakhand and Manipur.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill which is yet to be passed
in the Lok Sabha, Natarajan said "We would strain every nerve
to pass it during this session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court