UPA Govt will complete its term: Jayanthi
Chennai: Ruling out a mid-term poll in the
wake of Congress` setback in the recent assembly polls, Union
Minister Jayanthi Natarajan today said the Manmohan Singh-led
government will complete its term and asked opposition parties
not to nurture hopes of destabilising it.
"There is no question of a mid-term poll. The Union
government will last its full term," she told reporters here.
Asserting that Congress had "very good relationship" with
its allies, the Environment Minister said party President
Sonia Gandhi had said engagement should be continued with them
With opposition parties being elected to power in Punjab,
Uttar Pradesh and Goa, she said they should concentrate on
good governance in their states.
"Those who got elected in various states should not hope
to de-stabilise the Centre," she said.
She said the party had done well in elections in two
states, referring to Uttarakhand and Manipur.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill which is yet to be passed
in the Lok Sabha, Natarajan said "We would strain every nerve
to pass it during this session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city