UPA Govt will complete its term: Jayanthi
Chennai: Ruling out a mid-term poll in the
wake of Congress` setback in the recent assembly polls, Union
Minister Jayanthi Natarajan today said the Manmohan Singh-led
government will complete its term and asked opposition parties
not to nurture hopes of destabilising it.
"There is no question of a mid-term poll. The Union
government will last its full term," she told reporters here.
Asserting that Congress had "very good relationship" with
its allies, the Environment Minister said party President
Sonia Gandhi had said engagement should be continued with them
With opposition parties being elected to power in Punjab,
Uttar Pradesh and Goa, she said they should concentrate on
good governance in their states.
"Those who got elected in various states should not hope
to de-stabilise the Centre," she said.
She said the party had done well in elections in two
states, referring to Uttarakhand and Manipur.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill which is yet to be passed
in the Lok Sabha, Natarajan said "We would strain every nerve
to pass it during this session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez