UPA Govt will complete its term: Jayanthi
Chennai: Ruling out a mid-term poll in the
wake of Congress` setback in the recent assembly polls, Union
Minister Jayanthi Natarajan today said the Manmohan Singh-led
government will complete its term and asked opposition parties
not to nurture hopes of destabilising it.
"There is no question of a mid-term poll. The Union
government will last its full term," she told reporters here.
Asserting that Congress had "very good relationship" with
its allies, the Environment Minister said party President
Sonia Gandhi had said engagement should be continued with them
With opposition parties being elected to power in Punjab,
Uttar Pradesh and Goa, she said they should concentrate on
good governance in their states.
"Those who got elected in various states should not hope
to de-stabilise the Centre," she said.
She said the party had done well in elections in two
states, referring to Uttarakhand and Manipur.
On the Women`s Reservation Bill which is yet to be passed
in the Lok Sabha, Natarajan said "We would strain every nerve
to pass it during this session."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional