UPA govt won’t survive after Winter Session: Sushma
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said on Friday that the days of the UPA government are numbered and that it will fall after the Winter Session of Parliament.
Taking part in a demonstration by the Delhi unit of the BJP against the recent steep hike in prices of cooking gas, electricity and diesel, Sushma said, “On one hand corruption has reached record heights, on the other the common man is battling price rise.”
“Their biggest ally (Trinamool) has left them, others will leave them soon….Lok Sabha polls are imminent, this government won’t survive after Winter Session of Parliament,” she claimed.
Her party counterpart Arun Jaitely was also present. He said, ‘The Prime Minister said that money doesn’t grow on trees. Now the people of this country will teach him that if money doesn’t grow on trees, votes also don’t do grow on trees.”
Pointing to the spate of corruption scandals that have come to the fore in the recent past, Jaitley said, “This is the most corrupt government in the history of the country.”
The Delhi unit of the party has launched a 40-day public movement in the national capital from today to protest against hike in power tariff, cooking gas and oil and decision to allow FDI in retail by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users