UPA govt won’t survive after Winter Session: Sushma
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said on Friday that the days of the UPA government are numbered and that it will fall after the Winter Session of Parliament.
Taking part in a demonstration by the Delhi unit of the BJP against the recent steep hike in prices of cooking gas, electricity and diesel, Sushma said, “On one hand corruption has reached record heights, on the other the common man is battling price rise.”
“Their biggest ally (Trinamool) has left them, others will leave them soon….Lok Sabha polls are imminent, this government won’t survive after Winter Session of Parliament,” she claimed.
Her party counterpart Arun Jaitely was also present. He said, ‘The Prime Minister said that money doesn’t grow on trees. Now the people of this country will teach him that if money doesn’t grow on trees, votes also don’t do grow on trees.”
Pointing to the spate of corruption scandals that have come to the fore in the recent past, Jaitley said, “This is the most corrupt government in the history of the country.”
The Delhi unit of the party has launched a 40-day public movement in the national capital from today to protest against hike in power tariff, cooking gas and oil and decision to allow FDI in retail by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday