UPA govt won’t survive after Winter Session: Sushma
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said on Friday that the days of the UPA government are numbered and that it will fall after the Winter Session of Parliament.
Taking part in a demonstration by the Delhi unit of the BJP against the recent steep hike in prices of cooking gas, electricity and diesel, Sushma said, “On one hand corruption has reached record heights, on the other the common man is battling price rise.”
“Their biggest ally (Trinamool) has left them, others will leave them soon….Lok Sabha polls are imminent, this government won’t survive after Winter Session of Parliament,” she claimed.
Her party counterpart Arun Jaitely was also present. He said, ‘The Prime Minister said that money doesn’t grow on trees. Now the people of this country will teach him that if money doesn’t grow on trees, votes also don’t do grow on trees.”
Pointing to the spate of corruption scandals that have come to the fore in the recent past, Jaitley said, “This is the most corrupt government in the history of the country.”
The Delhi unit of the party has launched a 40-day public movement in the national capital from today to protest against hike in power tariff, cooking gas and oil and decision to allow FDI in retail by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray