UPA govt worse than `dacoits of MP`: Gadkari
Bhopal: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said Congress-led UPA government was worse than "dacoits of Madhya Pradesh".
"The dacoits of Madhya Pradesh were better than the Congress-led government at the Centre...A Rs 4.38 lakh crore scam was unheard of before," Gadkari said.
He was addressing `Yuva Sankalp` bike rally organised by the youth wing of BJP to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand here.
"The list of scams (which took place during UPA regime) is long...Rs 76,000 crore CWG scam, Rs 1.86 lakh crore coal scam and 1.76 lakh crore 2G scam. Had anyone heard of such figures of scams before?" Gadkari said.
"These are the figures not given by any BJP leader, but the Comptroller and Auditor General. Congress has no concern for the people of the country," he said.
Inflation was soaring because of the rampant corruption, he said.
Gadkari also said the country`s dependence on crude oil import should decrease, and people should embrace alternatives such as ethanol-mixed petrol, as in Brazil.
"Instead of emptying alcohol bottles in your stomach, it would be better if you pour them into the fuel tank of your vehicle to reduce dependence on import of crude," the BJP chief jokingly said.
The 21st century belonged to India, but the people must put "knowledgeable leaders" at the helm of affairs, he said.
He praised Madhya Pradesh government for its schemes such as Ladli Laxmi and Teerth-Darshan, and for the 18 per cent growth rate in the agriculture sector.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on this occasion that his government was committed to providing round-the-clock power to the villages by 2013, and urged the youth to take advantage of it by setting up village-based industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details