UPA has become `lame duck` government: BJP
Hyderabad: Terming the UPA government as `lame duck`, BJP on Saturday said that the Congress wanted to go for early polls to cut its losses.
"The Congress-led UPA government has become lame duck and it is on a ventilator with the outside support of Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bahujan Samaj party (BSP)," MP and senior party leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
"Becoming aware of growing disenchantment among the people and the economic situation which was not going to improve, the Congress wants to go for early polls along with the states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi and Chhattisgarh (where elections are due by December) to cut its losses and retain some strength," he said.
Naidu alleged that the Congress, which was "notorious for misusing" the constitutional institutions, was once again exposed with the CBI raids on the DMK leader M K Stalin`s house within hours of his party withdrawing support to the UPA.
"Conducting a raid immediately after withdrawing support was nothing but blackmail and this was a message to other allies to understand that a similar fate was awaiting them.
"The DMK has realised that its fortunes would be affected if it continues with the Congress, which was becoming unpopular day by day and the SP and BSP were waiting for an appropriate opportunity to fall out," he said.
The former BJP chief said the UPA allies were leaving it one after another as the Congress has no capacity to run a coalition and it does not follow "coalition dharma".
Stating that people must be ready for early elections, Naidu said, "All is not well within the UPA and it might collapse any time, which is good for the country as it will end the uncertainty."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know