UPA has lowered India`s prestige by allowing Aziz meet Kashmiri separatists: VHP
Jammu: The Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Monday lashed out at the UPA government over the parley of Kashmiri separatists with Pakistan, and said by allowing the meet the Centre has "lowered the honour and prestige of the country".
"The Congress-led UPA government has lowered the honour and prestige of the country by allowing Kashmiri separatists to hold parley with Pakistani representatives in New Delhi," VHP Jammu and Kashmir state unit chief Rama Kant Dubey said.
"In what capacity separatist leaders of Kashmir like Mirwaiz Farooq, Yasin Malik, Sayed Ali Shah Gilani and Aysia Andhrabi were called in to the Pakistan Embassy for a meeting with Sartaz Aziz (the advisor to Pakistani Prime Minister on Defence and Foreign Affairs)?" he asked.
It is really surprising that the representative of a Foreign Nation holds a meeting in our capital and discusses the Kashmir issue, Dubey told reporters here.
"Nobody can tolerate such an insult... Despite this we hold peace talks with them," he said, adding the Centre should not allow such things to reoccur in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days