UPA-II mirrors rule of Bahadur Shah Zafar: Rudy
Patna: BJP Friday alleged that the UPA-II government`s performance at the end of its fourth anniversary has waned so much, that it "mirrored the rule" of last Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar.
"The UPA government`s performance has become so miserable that it mirrors the rule of the last Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar," BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
"Fortunes of the Congress-led government at the Centre has waned and its unpopularity has grown so much in the eyes of the people that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may prove to be the last Congress PM like Bahadur Shah Zafar had proved to be the last of the Mughal dynasty," he said.
"The UPA-II has turned out to be a black chapter even in the history of Congress governments since Independence," Rudy said and highlighted various scams, corruption charges against ministers and other failures of the incumbent government during the past four years.
"The Congress-led government has perpetrated unimaginable miseries on the people by presiding over scams and corruption, besides it has failed the country on economic and foreign policies, so much so that the country`s freedom is at stake," he observed.
"India is independent, but our foreign and economic policies have been compromised by the UPA government as if we are colonies (of foreign countries)...Even to the people, true freedom appears to elude them despite living in a free country," Rudy said lambasting the performance of the Congress-led government on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video