UPA-II mirrors rule of Bahadur Shah Zafar: Rudy
Patna: BJP Friday alleged that the UPA-II government`s performance at the end of its fourth anniversary has waned so much, that it "mirrored the rule" of last Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar.
"The UPA government`s performance has become so miserable that it mirrors the rule of the last Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar," BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters.
"Fortunes of the Congress-led government at the Centre has waned and its unpopularity has grown so much in the eyes of the people that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may prove to be the last Congress PM like Bahadur Shah Zafar had proved to be the last of the Mughal dynasty," he said.
"The UPA-II has turned out to be a black chapter even in the history of Congress governments since Independence," Rudy said and highlighted various scams, corruption charges against ministers and other failures of the incumbent government during the past four years.
"The Congress-led government has perpetrated unimaginable miseries on the people by presiding over scams and corruption, besides it has failed the country on economic and foreign policies, so much so that the country`s freedom is at stake," he observed.
"India is independent, but our foreign and economic policies have been compromised by the UPA government as if we are colonies (of foreign countries)...Even to the people, true freedom appears to elude them despite living in a free country," Rudy said lambasting the performance of the Congress-led government on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow