UPA is a failure, PM should resign: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Saturday lashed out at the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, claiming that it has failed on all fronts. Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Singh said that the Manmohan Singh-led government had let the country down.
Referring to the resignation of Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, the BJP president called for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as well.
He said that if the Prime Minister would introspect, he would have no option but to quit.
The BJP president further accused the UPA government of compromising on the issue of national safety and security, pointing that the country’s relation with all its neighbours had deteriorated drastically.
Citing the recent developments on the issue of national security, including the Chinese intrusion in Ladakh, the BJP chief claimed that the UPA had failed on the diplomatic front.
He further claimed that China was trying to target India from all sides, but External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had failed to raise the issue and tackle it diplomatically during his visit to Beijing.
The BJP president said that the UPA had failed on the economic front as well. Pointing that the GDP growth rate was stagnant, Singh said that while inflation situation was getting worse, there was no improvement in the income of the people.
Hitting out at the Prime Minister, he said that while former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be remembered for scripting the India growth story, Manmohan Singh would be known for putting an end to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!