UPA is a failure, PM should resign: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh on Saturday lashed out at the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, claiming that it has failed on all fronts. Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Singh said that the Manmohan Singh-led government had let the country down.
Referring to the resignation of Union ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, the BJP president called for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as well.
He said that if the Prime Minister would introspect, he would have no option but to quit.
The BJP president further accused the UPA government of compromising on the issue of national safety and security, pointing that the country’s relation with all its neighbours had deteriorated drastically.
Citing the recent developments on the issue of national security, including the Chinese intrusion in Ladakh, the BJP chief claimed that the UPA had failed on the diplomatic front.
He further claimed that China was trying to target India from all sides, but External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had failed to raise the issue and tackle it diplomatically during his visit to Beijing.
The BJP president said that the UPA had failed on the economic front as well. Pointing that the GDP growth rate was stagnant, Singh said that while inflation situation was getting worse, there was no improvement in the income of the people.
Hitting out at the Prime Minister, he said that while former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee would be remembered for scripting the India growth story, Manmohan Singh would be known for putting an end to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack