UPA launches political vendetta against me: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Monday accused the UPA government of political vendetta by launching probe into the functioning of trusts run by him after he started raising his voice against corruption.
"Four ministers came to receive me at the airport. Everything was alright before June 4 (last year) and my trusts were clean. But after that, all the money which came to our trusts are income and not donation. And the money in their trusts is legal, none of their trusts are for social cause," he said.
"All these things changed because we questioned two things, first the economic system and second the political system. Whenever somebody will raise a question against wrongdoing, the wrong doers will not tolerate it," Ramdev told a press conference here.
On swine flu, he said over 100 people in the country have lost their lives due to the virus.
"Modern medical science has no remedy for swine flu, dengue, chikungunya, but we (yoga and ayurveda) have the cure. It is like cough and cold virus and it is an infectious disease which spreads fast," he said.
Ramdev also termed Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi terming him as "confused".
On whether he endorses Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s candidature for prime ministership, he repeatedly dodged the question saying, "There are so many who are fit for the job but only time will tell who is a hit."
On Afzal`s hanging, he said, "The government first named saffron terror and then to appease Hindus, very cunningly executed the hanging."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly