UPA leaders will be made accountable if NDA comes to power: Parkash Singh Badal
Tarn Taran: Terming the current regime at the Centre as the most corrupt one in history, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday said if the NDA forms the next government, UPA leaders will be made accountable "for every single penny plundered by them" from public exchequer.
"If the NDA forms government at the Centre after next year`s Lok Sabha polls, these corrupt leaders will not spared for their misdeeds," Badal said, addressing a religious gathering here.
He alleged that the Congress leaders have "mercilessly looted public money" during their tenure and multi-crore scams like CWG, Coalgate, Adarsh and other speaks volume of the rampant corruption during UPA regime.
The Chief Minister said the "spineless" UPA government has miserably failed on all fronts and due to its weaknesses, country`s internal and external sovereignty is at peril.
"On one hand, countries like China and Pakistan are posing grave threat to external security of the country and on the other, communal riots in many parts of country are making the life of people miserable, but the UPA government is a mute spectator to all these things," Badal alleged.
He said the performance of UPA on economic front is also dismal, with the rupee touching its lowest against the US Dollar.
Badal alleged that the Central grants "are a sham" in the absence of fair criteria" for their devolution.
"The riders imposed by the Union government while issuing these grants are resulting in lopsided development of the country," Badal said.
"It is a fact that though Congress swears by the name of common man to seek their votes, its every step is aimed at helping the rich, directly or indirectly," he claimed.
Badal held the Congress responsible for "breaking the backbone of agriculture", saying that due to wrong policies of the Centre, the hard-working and resilient farmers of the state are reeling under a whopping debt of Rs 30,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you