UPA leaders will be made accountable if NDA comes to power: Parkash Singh Badal
Tarn Taran: Terming the current regime at the Centre as the most corrupt one in history, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday said if the NDA forms the next government, UPA leaders will be made accountable "for every single penny plundered by them" from public exchequer.
"If the NDA forms government at the Centre after next year`s Lok Sabha polls, these corrupt leaders will not spared for their misdeeds," Badal said, addressing a religious gathering here.
He alleged that the Congress leaders have "mercilessly looted public money" during their tenure and multi-crore scams like CWG, Coalgate, Adarsh and other speaks volume of the rampant corruption during UPA regime.
The Chief Minister said the "spineless" UPA government has miserably failed on all fronts and due to its weaknesses, country`s internal and external sovereignty is at peril.
"On one hand, countries like China and Pakistan are posing grave threat to external security of the country and on the other, communal riots in many parts of country are making the life of people miserable, but the UPA government is a mute spectator to all these things," Badal alleged.
He said the performance of UPA on economic front is also dismal, with the rupee touching its lowest against the US Dollar.
Badal alleged that the Central grants "are a sham" in the absence of fair criteria" for their devolution.
"The riders imposed by the Union government while issuing these grants are resulting in lopsided development of the country," Badal said.
"It is a fact that though Congress swears by the name of common man to seek their votes, its every step is aimed at helping the rich, directly or indirectly," he claimed.
Badal held the Congress responsible for "breaking the backbone of agriculture", saying that due to wrong policies of the Centre, the hard-working and resilient farmers of the state are reeling under a whopping debt of Rs 30,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi