UPA leaders will be made accountable if NDA comes to power: Parkash Singh Badal
Tarn Taran: Terming the current regime at the Centre as the most corrupt one in history, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday said if the NDA forms the next government, UPA leaders will be made accountable "for every single penny plundered by them" from public exchequer.
"If the NDA forms government at the Centre after next year`s Lok Sabha polls, these corrupt leaders will not spared for their misdeeds," Badal said, addressing a religious gathering here.
He alleged that the Congress leaders have "mercilessly looted public money" during their tenure and multi-crore scams like CWG, Coalgate, Adarsh and other speaks volume of the rampant corruption during UPA regime.
The Chief Minister said the "spineless" UPA government has miserably failed on all fronts and due to its weaknesses, country`s internal and external sovereignty is at peril.
"On one hand, countries like China and Pakistan are posing grave threat to external security of the country and on the other, communal riots in many parts of country are making the life of people miserable, but the UPA government is a mute spectator to all these things," Badal alleged.
He said the performance of UPA on economic front is also dismal, with the rupee touching its lowest against the US Dollar.
Badal alleged that the Central grants "are a sham" in the absence of fair criteria" for their devolution.
"The riders imposed by the Union government while issuing these grants are resulting in lopsided development of the country," Badal said.
"It is a fact that though Congress swears by the name of common man to seek their votes, its every step is aimed at helping the rich, directly or indirectly," he claimed.
Badal held the Congress responsible for "breaking the backbone of agriculture", saying that due to wrong policies of the Centre, the hard-working and resilient farmers of the state are reeling under a whopping debt of Rs 30,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued