UPA likely to crumble like a pack of cards: BJP
Patna: UPA allies would no longer carry "the
burden of a corruption-ridden" Congress and the government at
the Centre was likely to crumble "like a pack of cards", BJP
national spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Saturday.
"There is growing uneasiness and restlessness among UPA
allies like DMK, TMC and NCP and others. They are afraid of
carrying the burden of the corruption-ridden Congress and its
government at the Centre is likely to crumble like a pack of
cards," Rudy told reporters here.
"Anti-Congress sentiments have cropped up among the people
because of corruption, water treaty, land granting treaty and
terrorism and the atmosphere is completely against the
Congress government," Rudy claimed.
Describing the Congress as "a sinking ship", Rudy said,
"UPA allies don`t appear to be in a mood to go ahead with this
He claimed that the credibility of the Congress-led
government had gradually eroded and Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh "who has virtually lost control over his cabinet
colleagues" should put in his papers.
He said now that the official notes pertaining to the go
ahead to former telecom minister A Raja for allocation of the
spectrum have surfaced, the Prime Minister should own moral
responsibility and resign.
Raja, he said, had admitted in court that the 2G spectrum
deal was done with the full consent of former Finance Minister
P Chidambaram and the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt