UPA likely to crumble like a pack of cards: BJP
Patna: UPA allies would no longer carry "the
burden of a corruption-ridden" Congress and the government at
the Centre was likely to crumble "like a pack of cards", BJP
national spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Saturday.
"There is growing uneasiness and restlessness among UPA
allies like DMK, TMC and NCP and others. They are afraid of
carrying the burden of the corruption-ridden Congress and its
government at the Centre is likely to crumble like a pack of
cards," Rudy told reporters here.
"Anti-Congress sentiments have cropped up among the people
because of corruption, water treaty, land granting treaty and
terrorism and the atmosphere is completely against the
Congress government," Rudy claimed.
Describing the Congress as "a sinking ship", Rudy said,
"UPA allies don`t appear to be in a mood to go ahead with this
He claimed that the credibility of the Congress-led
government had gradually eroded and Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh "who has virtually lost control over his cabinet
colleagues" should put in his papers.
He said now that the official notes pertaining to the go
ahead to former telecom minister A Raja for allocation of the
spectrum have surfaced, the Prime Minister should own moral
responsibility and resign.
Raja, he said, had admitted in court that the 2G spectrum
deal was done with the full consent of former Finance Minister
P Chidambaram and the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'