UPA not acting on plight of Hindus in Pak: RSS
New Delhi: Accusing the UPA government of being "obsessed" with minorities, RSS has charged it with failing to take action on the plight of Hindus in Pakistan.
"The Indian government, under the minority-obsessed UPA, has been deaf and dumb spectator of the plight of Hindus...The government which staked its relations with Sri Lanka to vote in the UN over the issue of Lankan Tamils has not taken official stand on Pakistani Hindus," Sangh mouthpiece `Organiser` has said.
It said while Muslims from Bangladesh are allowed to settle in India and get rights of a citizen, Hindus from Pakistan living in India for decades are yet to be recognised as citizens.
The editorial said irrespective of the ruling party, the Centre should adopt a policy of welcoming Hindus from abroad who seek Indian citizenship.
Another RSS journal `Panchjanya` criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for making no reference to Indian blackmoney stashed abroad in his Independence Day speech.
"A Prime Minister worried about economic slowdown made no mention of blackmoney in his speech. How will he act against it (blackmoney)," it said.
It said instead of framing economic policies based on its requirement, the government was taking decisions under pressure from World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
It also said while Singh had blamed a lack of political consensus for slow economic growth, it is the Congress which is responsible for differences between political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi