UPA not acting on plight of Hindus in Pak: RSS
New Delhi: Accusing the UPA government of being "obsessed" with minorities, RSS has charged it with failing to take action on the plight of Hindus in Pakistan.
"The Indian government, under the minority-obsessed UPA, has been deaf and dumb spectator of the plight of Hindus...The government which staked its relations with Sri Lanka to vote in the UN over the issue of Lankan Tamils has not taken official stand on Pakistani Hindus," Sangh mouthpiece `Organiser` has said.
It said while Muslims from Bangladesh are allowed to settle in India and get rights of a citizen, Hindus from Pakistan living in India for decades are yet to be recognised as citizens.
The editorial said irrespective of the ruling party, the Centre should adopt a policy of welcoming Hindus from abroad who seek Indian citizenship.
Another RSS journal `Panchjanya` criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for making no reference to Indian blackmoney stashed abroad in his Independence Day speech.
"A Prime Minister worried about economic slowdown made no mention of blackmoney in his speech. How will he act against it (blackmoney)," it said.
It said instead of framing economic policies based on its requirement, the government was taking decisions under pressure from World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
It also said while Singh had blamed a lack of political consensus for slow economic growth, it is the Congress which is responsible for differences between political parties.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?