UPA not serious on black money issue: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP o Tuesday flagged the issue of
Indian black money stashed abroad and alleged that the UPA
government was not "earnest and serious" enough on the issue
despite Supreme Court interventions in the matter.
"The UPA government is not really firm on this issue. It
has presented a very selective list (of those Indians having
black money abroad) to the Supreme Court. The government is
not being very earnest about this issue. There is no will,"
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman rued.
The principal opposition maintained that the government
has not come clear on what investigations it was carrying on
in this issue and the source of black money.
"Why has action against Hasan Ali (allegedly involved in
huge tax evasion) been delayed? Is this because those having
black money and are under investigation enjoy political
patronage?" Sitharaman posed.
The BJP has targeted the UPA government on the issue of
black money stashed abroad and alleged that it is not doing
enough to bring it back. It has maintained that this huge
amount, put in Swiss banks and other tax havens, if brought to
India can take care of the country`s needs and lead to almost
nil taxation for several years.
The BJP has also insisted that black money is a result of
indulgence in corruption by the guilty and hence both go hand
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!