UPA on `shaky` footing as it bows to dictates of allies: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday attacked UPA alleging it was gripped by "policy paralysis" and said it was on a "shaky footing" as it bowed to dictates of alliance partners.
On the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament, the party said in a statement that it "has once again brought to fore the policy paralysis which has gripped the UPA ever since the corruption within its ranks got exposed. It is now clear that the government is on the backfoot. There is a crisis of confidence.
The coalition is on a shaky footing as it limps along by bowing to the dictates of its alliance partners."
The opposition party`s attack covered a wide range of issues including the President`s address to Parliament to the general and rail budgets and a host of other issues like Lokpal, GARR, fiscal deficit, subsidies, alleged attack on federal structure and foodgrain storage and shortage of gunny bags.
"The President`s address reflected the gloom within the UPA... It was divorced from the reality of the political and economic situation faced by the nation... The address reflected the growing disconnect within the government, the BJP statement said.
On the rollback of rail fare hike announced in rail budget, the party said "Congress had to bite the dust and beat a hasty retreat because its attempts to drive a wedge within an alliance partner severely backfired. The message that comes out of these political blunders is that the UPA can play around with important economic decisions just for narrow political gains."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video