UPA on `shaky` footing as it bows to dictates of allies: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday attacked UPA alleging it was gripped by "policy paralysis" and said it was on a "shaky footing" as it bowed to dictates of alliance partners.
On the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament, the party said in a statement that it "has once again brought to fore the policy paralysis which has gripped the UPA ever since the corruption within its ranks got exposed. It is now clear that the government is on the backfoot. There is a crisis of confidence.
The coalition is on a shaky footing as it limps along by bowing to the dictates of its alliance partners."
The opposition party`s attack covered a wide range of issues including the President`s address to Parliament to the general and rail budgets and a host of other issues like Lokpal, GARR, fiscal deficit, subsidies, alleged attack on federal structure and foodgrain storage and shortage of gunny bags.
"The President`s address reflected the gloom within the UPA... It was divorced from the reality of the political and economic situation faced by the nation... The address reflected the growing disconnect within the government, the BJP statement said.
On the rollback of rail fare hike announced in rail budget, the party said "Congress had to bite the dust and beat a hasty retreat because its attempts to drive a wedge within an alliance partner severely backfired. The message that comes out of these political blunders is that the UPA can play around with important economic decisions just for narrow political gains."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...