UPA planning early elections to escape failures: Naidu
Visakhapatnam: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu Saturday alleged that the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre was planning to conduct early general elections to escape from its failures, saying no amount of "make-up" (reshuffle) can prevent its "pack-up" in 2014.
"There were indications that the UPA government might go for vote-on-account, announce populist schemes and then dissolve the Parliament in March next year as it has miserably failed on all fronts and is steeped in several scams," the former BJP President said in a press conference here.
He said the recent cabinet reshuffle was a desperate attempt to divert the attention of the people and cover its pitfalls.
"Any attempt of change in ministries would not help the Congress from its rout in the coming elections," Naidu said.
"The change in the Oil ministry was the classic case of how this government was functioning. It was proved that the UPA did not know how to run a coalition government. Also, people expected that ministers who are facing serious charges to be removed. But shockingly all of them were retained and even more worse, some of them were promoted," he said.
The Congress policy is to "promote corruption and demote honesty" and all these changes are "make-up before the pack-up," he commented.
Naidu said that the people of the country are of the opinion that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh replaced Jaipal Reddy with Veerappa Moily as the new petroleum and natural gas minister, due to pressure from industrial groups and corporate houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM