UPA planning early polls, says BJP
Chennai: The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is mulling general elections later this year and it would certainly bite the dust, said BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here, Naidu said: "We have received reports that the government is planning to hold the general elections in October or November."
According to him, the people were waiting to throw out the government as they were fed up with its all-round failure.
Naidu said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was the only viable alternative to the Congress and the Third Front was only a mirage.
The parties which supported the central government all these nine years talked of providing an alternative, he said, ruling out the formation of the Third Front.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan