UPA planning early polls, says BJP
Chennai: The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government is mulling general elections later this year and it would certainly bite the dust, said BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters here, Naidu said: "We have received reports that the government is planning to hold the general elections in October or November."
According to him, the people were waiting to throw out the government as they were fed up with its all-round failure.
Naidu said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was the only viable alternative to the Congress and the Third Front was only a mirage.
The parties which supported the central government all these nine years talked of providing an alternative, he said, ruling out the formation of the Third Front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!