UPA policies widening gap between poor, rich: Kara
Hisar (Har): CPI(M) politburo member Brinda Karat on Wednesday lambasted UPA government for its "anti-people" policies, saying that such policies had widened the gap between rich and poor.
Addressing a public meeting in old Government College ground here today, Karat alleged that a number of policies formed by UPA benefited corporate houses only and general public were not benefited by them.
Karat said about 6.67 crore tonne of food grains are rotting in government godowns, but are not distributed among the poor people of the country.
"The claims of the government that it is working to end poverty in the country, but the steps taken so far by the government indicate that it wants to eliminate the poor," the CPI(M) leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened