UPA promoting politics of separatism, says RSS chief
Allahabad: Accusing the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of promoting "politics of separatism", Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat Sunday said the decision to carve out Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh was an example.
"The government has taken the decision (of creating Telangana state) under pressure and it reflects the politics of separatism," Bhagwat said at an RSS function held at the Sangam Parade ground here.
"Political parties of the country should rise above regional politics and work together for the development of the country... A number of parties are raking up issues related to castes and languages for politics," he added.
Bhagwat also accused the central government of "lack of military preparedness" despite China`s aggressive posturing and despite Beijing "befriending Nepal, Pakistan and trying to make inroads into Arunachal Pradesh".
The RSS chief alleged that the central government was not serious about combating terrorism. "Due to the leniency adopted by the government, terror activities are taking place in different parts of the country."
He said when RSS criticises infiltration from Bangladesh and Pakistan to India, people call the RSS "communal", but when Pakistan and Bangladesh drive away minority Hindus, nobody speaks on the matter.
Bhagwat clarified that the RSS should not be deemed as a political party, but an organisation that worked for promoting moral values in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!