UPA pushing the people into another crisis: Jaya
Chennai: Charging Congress-led UPA with pushing people into another crisis and `untold miseries` with today`s petrol price hike, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Friday warned such repeated revision could well become a tool "that will destroy the central government."
Demanding a rollback of the hike, she said "I wish to tell the government that if it goes ahead with troubling-the-people-is-a-norm` approach, they will shed tears unable to tolerate the atrocity which will become a tool that will destroy the central government".
The latest revision, which came within a fortnight of a similar increase in fuel prices, would propel an overall price rise, resulting in "yet another crisis and untold miseries for people," she said in a statement.
The UPA government, of which DMK is a constituent, had already created difficulties for the people with the railway budget and union budget, she said, adding the Centre`s `wrong` economic policies will only deteriorate the nation`s economy and not put it on the growth path.
She said the pricing of petrol on rupee value was not a correct one as it keeps changing, she said and demanded an immediate rollback of the Rs 1.40 per litre increase in petrol price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre