UPA pushing the people into another crisis: Jaya
Chennai: Charging Congress-led UPA with pushing people into another crisis and `untold miseries` with today`s petrol price hike, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Friday warned such repeated revision could well become a tool "that will destroy the central government."
Demanding a rollback of the hike, she said "I wish to tell the government that if it goes ahead with troubling-the-people-is-a-norm` approach, they will shed tears unable to tolerate the atrocity which will become a tool that will destroy the central government".
The latest revision, which came within a fortnight of a similar increase in fuel prices, would propel an overall price rise, resulting in "yet another crisis and untold miseries for people," she said in a statement.
The UPA government, of which DMK is a constituent, had already created difficulties for the people with the railway budget and union budget, she said, adding the Centre`s `wrong` economic policies will only deteriorate the nation`s economy and not put it on the growth path.
She said the pricing of petrol on rupee value was not a correct one as it keeps changing, she said and demanded an immediate rollback of the Rs 1.40 per litre increase in petrol price.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'