UPA pushing the people into another crisis: Jaya
Chennai: Charging Congress-led UPA with pushing people into another crisis and `untold miseries` with today`s petrol price hike, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Friday warned such repeated revision could well become a tool "that will destroy the central government."
Demanding a rollback of the hike, she said "I wish to tell the government that if it goes ahead with troubling-the-people-is-a-norm` approach, they will shed tears unable to tolerate the atrocity which will become a tool that will destroy the central government".
The latest revision, which came within a fortnight of a similar increase in fuel prices, would propel an overall price rise, resulting in "yet another crisis and untold miseries for people," she said in a statement.
The UPA government, of which DMK is a constituent, had already created difficulties for the people with the railway budget and union budget, she said, adding the Centre`s `wrong` economic policies will only deteriorate the nation`s economy and not put it on the growth path.
She said the pricing of petrol on rupee value was not a correct one as it keeps changing, she said and demanded an immediate rollback of the Rs 1.40 per litre increase in petrol price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security