UPA reduced to a minority, may fall any time: BJP
Ahmedabad: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the issue of corruption, BJP on Saturday said the Congress-led UPA government has been reduced to a minority and could fall any time soon.
"The way Dravidra Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has withdrawn its support. The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) (Prajatantrik) has taken back its support. The government has been reduced to a minority and could fall anytime," BJP general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters on the sidelines of a protest rally against coal scam here.
"BJP demands that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign as he has lost confidence...The government is deep into corruption," he said.
DMK, an allied partner, had pulled out of the UPA by withdrawing six of its ministers, while JVM with its two MPs, was supporting the government from outside, also withdrew its support.
Ruling out the possibility of the Third Front, Rudy said, "Till the time the Left wing enjoyed power and presence in West Bengal, Tripura and Kerala...There number was considerable...The possibility of Third Front government had existed. But, as their numbers have gone down and virtually turned zero...There is no possibility now."
He alleged that the Centre was silent on "sensitive national issues" like infiltration of Bangladeshis, threat from Pakistan and Chinese incursion.
Attacking the PM on incursion in Ladakh by Chinese troops, Rudy said, "On the China issue, our PM says it is a local issue...Is the Government of India waiting for the day when Chinese troops would enter 30 kms into India and set up permanent structures with steel rods and cements...BJP wants to know about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video