UPA reduced to a minority, may fall any time: BJP
Ahmedabad: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the issue of corruption, BJP on Saturday said the Congress-led UPA government has been reduced to a minority and could fall any time soon.
"The way Dravidra Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has withdrawn its support. The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) (Prajatantrik) has taken back its support. The government has been reduced to a minority and could fall anytime," BJP general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters on the sidelines of a protest rally against coal scam here.
"BJP demands that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign as he has lost confidence...The government is deep into corruption," he said.
DMK, an allied partner, had pulled out of the UPA by withdrawing six of its ministers, while JVM with its two MPs, was supporting the government from outside, also withdrew its support.
Ruling out the possibility of the Third Front, Rudy said, "Till the time the Left wing enjoyed power and presence in West Bengal, Tripura and Kerala...There number was considerable...The possibility of Third Front government had existed. But, as their numbers have gone down and virtually turned zero...There is no possibility now."
He alleged that the Centre was silent on "sensitive national issues" like infiltration of Bangladeshis, threat from Pakistan and Chinese incursion.
Attacking the PM on incursion in Ladakh by Chinese troops, Rudy said, "On the China issue, our PM says it is a local issue...Is the Government of India waiting for the day when Chinese troops would enter 30 kms into India and set up permanent structures with steel rods and cements...BJP wants to know about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA