UPA reduced to a minority, may fall any time: BJP
Ahmedabad: Demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the issue of corruption, BJP on Saturday said the Congress-led UPA government has been reduced to a minority and could fall any time soon.
"The way Dravidra Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) has withdrawn its support. The Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) (Prajatantrik) has taken back its support. The government has been reduced to a minority and could fall anytime," BJP general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters on the sidelines of a protest rally against coal scam here.
"BJP demands that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should resign as he has lost confidence...The government is deep into corruption," he said.
DMK, an allied partner, had pulled out of the UPA by withdrawing six of its ministers, while JVM with its two MPs, was supporting the government from outside, also withdrew its support.
Ruling out the possibility of the Third Front, Rudy said, "Till the time the Left wing enjoyed power and presence in West Bengal, Tripura and Kerala...There number was considerable...The possibility of Third Front government had existed. But, as their numbers have gone down and virtually turned zero...There is no possibility now."
He alleged that the Centre was silent on "sensitive national issues" like infiltration of Bangladeshis, threat from Pakistan and Chinese incursion.
Attacking the PM on incursion in Ladakh by Chinese troops, Rudy said, "On the China issue, our PM says it is a local issue...Is the Government of India waiting for the day when Chinese troops would enter 30 kms into India and set up permanent structures with steel rods and cements...BJP wants to know about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test