UPA releases TV spot on communal amity
New Delhi: Amar, Akbar and Anthony are the buzzwords in the latest United Progressive Alliance (UPA) television commercial Sadbhav (good faith), which seeks to showcase communal harmony and unity among people in various parts of the country.
The TV spot shows common people like students, housewives and office-goers going about their everyday activities with the overarching theme of amity between different communities forming part of their discussions.
The one-time hit Hindi film song "Amar, Akbar, Anthony" from the movie with the same name plays in the background.
The commercial was released by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry as part of the first phase of the UPA government`s advertising campaign - `Glimpses of the India Story` - highlighting its achievements.
The TV commercial was released on the ministry`s YouTube channel on Monday, a day before the death anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on Tuesday.
The commercial, which is part of the UPA`s campaign worth Rs 180 crore, has been directed by Pradeep Sarkar. Of the total, Rs 60 crore has been earmarked for the first phase of the campaign.
The Congress-led UPA, which has been battling a series of corruption allegations, is seeking to define its nine years in power through the publicity campaign ahead of the general elections due next year.
The multi-media initiative was launched by Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari last week.
The campaign is in 11 regional languages and seeks to reach out to the poor and marginalized people across the country. It will be played in cinema halls and on TV channels.
Other digital initiatives by the ministry include the launch of internet and mobile-based services for All India Radio and other state-run radio channels in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS