UPA sinking ship; allies should quit: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has joined the league of those hitting out at the UPA government for allowing 51% FDI in multi-brand retail.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for opening up the retail sector for multi-national firms.
It will affect the livelihood of 25 crore people, he alleged.
Ramdev said the country was heading towards financial slavery, and asked why should we sacrifice for foreign retain chains?
He said more black money will be invested in the country through the FDI route.
Calling it ‘agnipariksha’ for UPA allies, Ramdev asked Mamata Banerjee and Mulayam Singh to set an example by leaving the ‘sinking UPA ship’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations