UPA sinking ship; allies should quit: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has joined the league of those hitting out at the UPA government for allowing 51% FDI in multi-brand retail.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for opening up the retail sector for multi-national firms.
It will affect the livelihood of 25 crore people, he alleged.
Ramdev said the country was heading towards financial slavery, and asked why should we sacrifice for foreign retain chains?
He said more black money will be invested in the country through the FDI route.
Calling it ‘agnipariksha’ for UPA allies, Ramdev asked Mamata Banerjee and Mulayam Singh to set an example by leaving the ‘sinking UPA ship’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA