UPA sinking ship; allies should quit: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has joined the league of those hitting out at the UPA government for allowing 51% FDI in multi-brand retail.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for opening up the retail sector for multi-national firms.
It will affect the livelihood of 25 crore people, he alleged.
Ramdev said the country was heading towards financial slavery, and asked why should we sacrifice for foreign retain chains?
He said more black money will be invested in the country through the FDI route.
Calling it ‘agnipariksha’ for UPA allies, Ramdev asked Mamata Banerjee and Mulayam Singh to set an example by leaving the ‘sinking UPA ship’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery