UPA sinking ship; allies should quit: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has joined the league of those hitting out at the UPA government for allowing 51% FDI in multi-brand retail.
Addressing a press conference, Ramdev on Saturday hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for opening up the retail sector for multi-national firms.
It will affect the livelihood of 25 crore people, he alleged.
Ramdev said the country was heading towards financial slavery, and asked why should we sacrifice for foreign retain chains?
He said more black money will be invested in the country through the FDI route.
Calling it ‘agnipariksha’ for UPA allies, Ramdev asked Mamata Banerjee and Mulayam Singh to set an example by leaving the ‘sinking UPA ship’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?