UPA targets states not ruled by Congress: BJP
Chandigarh: Facing heat in Karnataka, the BJP
on Saturday charged the UPA with adopting double standards and
blatantly misusing its powers to target states not ruled by
Without taking Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddurappa`s
name, BJP President Nitin Gadkari said voices were being
raised to take action against him, but the Congress feels
there is no reason to act in the case of Sheila Dikshit.
The Delhi Chief Minister has been criticised by the
Lokayukta for irregularities in some Commonwealth Games
projects and more recently for "misrepresenting" facts
regarding construction of low-cost flats.
"When the report is against the Opposition, action should
be taken, but the Delhi Lokayukta file goes to the President
...and still the party (Congress) feels there is no need for
action," Gadkari said.
Both the Congress and the Delhi chief minister have
rejected BJP`s comparison between Dikshit and her Karnataka
counterpart, saying it was not a graft case like that of B S
Soon after Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde submitted his
report indicting Yeddyurappa for mining scams, the Congress
demanded the chief minister`s resignation on moral grounds.
Gadkari lashed out at the Congress for downplaying the
Shunglu Committee report which has criticised Delhi government
over the Commonwealth Games. The ruling party argues that it
was only a fact-finding committee and not a statutory body
like Lokayukta, he said.
Alleging step-motherly treatment to non-Congress ruled
states, he said "financial discrimination" against them by the
Centre affected their good governance and cited examples of
Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Madhya
Pradesh besides Punjab, where BJP has alliance with SAD.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram